How to Open Visual Basic?
• At first, click on ‘Start’ button on the taskbar
• Then click on ‘All Programs’
• Then click on ‘Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0’
• Then click on ‘Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0’.
Note: At first install ‘Microsoft Visual Studio’ application software in the computer. Then follow the above steps.
• Then select ‘Standard EXE’.
• Then click on ‘Open’.
Introduction of Visual Basic Window
Visual Basic Toolbox
What is Toolbox?
The toolbox is the selection menu for controls used in an application. The toolbox is known as Control box and every Tool is known as Control Tool in Visual Basic. There is 21 type of controls in Toolbox.
How to open Toolbox in Visual Basic?
- At first, click on ‘View’ menu.
- Then click on ‘Tool Box’.
Discuss important controls in Toolbox: –
- Pointer: – Pointer is not controlled Tool in Toolbox. But it is most important part of Toolbox. It is used to adjust size any Control Tool and moving one place to another place.
- Label: – It is used for to display the data which you want to result from this program. Double click on Label control Tool from Toolbox and show Label 1 then Label 2 … in form design window or click on label Tool and dragon form design window.
- Text Box: – This Tool is used for display the result any program and indicate or write any name or necessary data. . Double click on Text Box control Tool from Toolbox and show Text 1 then Text 2 … in form design window or click on Text Box Tool and drag to form design window.
- Command button: – This Tool is used for write code and run any program to show the program. Like as- OK, Yes, No, Exit etc. Double click on Command button control Tool from Toolbox and show Command 1 then Command 2 … in form design window or click on Command button Tool and drag to form design window.
Note: – Create a ‘Hot-Key’ to any letter from Command button then write ‘&’ before the letter. Like as- ‘E&xit’ then show ‘Exit’ on Command button. So here hot-key is ‘x’. Then press ‘Alt+x’ from the keyboard and activate ‘Exit’ Command button.
- Frame: – This Control Tool is used for attaching or create a group by one or more than one Controls from Form to solve any problem. Mainly used for creating a group by more than one CheckBox or Option Button. Double click on Frame control Tool from Toolbox and show Frame 1 then Frame 2 … in form design window or click on Frame Tool and drag to the form design window.
Note: – At first insert many controls, then insert Frame, then we did not show the all controls because of all controls under the Frame, then click on ‘Send to Back’ from Format menu’s ‘Order’ option.
- Check Box: – This Control Tool is used for the Logical field. Like as ‘Yes or No’ or ‘True or False’. Double click on Check Box control Tool from Toolbox and show Check 1 then Check 2 … in form design window or click on Check Box Tool and drag to form design window.
- Options Button: – This Control Tool is used for select an option from more than one option. Double click on Option Button control Tool from Toolbox and show Option 1 then Option 2 … in form design window or click on Option Button Tool and drag to form design window.
- Combo Box: – Combo Box is a combined of TextBox and List Box. When runs the Combo Box the show two parts of its, one is Text part and another is List Box (here present a ‘drop down button). Then click on the drop down button and display a List box and select any item from the box. Double click on Combo Box control Tool from Toolbox and show Combo 1 then Combo 2 … in form design window or click on Combo Box Tool and drag to form design window.
- List Box: – This Control Tool is used for write an Item list to Properties box. When write more than one item then use ‘Ctrl+Enter’ from the keyboard. Double click on List Box control Tool from Toolbox and show List 1 then List 2 … in form design window or click on List Box Tool and drag to form design window.
- Drive List Box: – This Control Tool is used for select any Drive from Drive List Box.
- Picture Box: – This Control Tool is used for work with .jpg, .gif etc files or inserts any picture in the program.
- Timer Control: – This Control Tool is used to animation application program. Double click on Timer control Tool from Toolbox and show in form design window or click on Timer Control Tool and drag to form design window.
We are changing the features of any control from properties Window. Like as- Size, colour, height etc. Select control or form from project then display many features in the properties window. Input any name to Caption property then display the title bar of form design. Without properties window to screen then click on ‘View’ menu bar and click on ‘Properties Window’.
Form Layout Window
Form Layout Window is used for select properly places on screen after running the form. Take decision from Form Layout Window any output of form display in a right place.