Most important protocol in LAN Network is Ethernet or TCP/IP Protocol. First research to Ethernet system by Xerox Company. After Polo Alto Research Center were made Ethernet architecture in 1979. After the architecture popular to IEEE 802.
The data transmission process in Ethernet:
The data transmission process in Ethernet is Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Detection (CSMA/CD) system. Ethernet used to BUS Topology network. All computers did not data transmission at a time. If the data transmission at a time then all data are face to disturb for transmission. A computer sends data to another computer then the receiver computer checks (or Collision Detector) BUS Topology networks that then any data transmission to this network. So transmission path is clear (or Carrier Sense) then send data from any computer.
Types of Ethernet:
IEEE 820 Ethernet divided into two main parts. This is-
- Baseband Ethernet
- Broadband Ethernet
“10 Base 2”= ‘10’ is the speed of data transmission (10 Mbps). The base is Baseband Transmission and ‘2’ is indicating the length & type of cable.
“10 Broadband 36”= ‘10’ is the speed of data transmission (10 Mbps). Broadband is Broadband Transmission and ‘36’ is indicating the length of the cable.
TCP/IP Protocol: –
Transmission Control Protocol is the full form of TCP and Internet Protocol is the full form of IP. Data transmission from one computer to another computer in Network are controlled by the Protocol. The main part of Internet system is TCP/IP protocol. Many protocols stay under the TCP/IP protocol. So it is called TCP/IP protocol suit. Data transmission to one computer to another computer in a network so every computer which is connected with the network have an own address. These addresses are known as Internet Protocol. Every IP address has two parts. One is Network Address (NetID) and another is Host Address (HostID). Normally IP address writes to the decimal number (Click here to see your IP address). IP protocol has four layers. This is-
- Network Layer
- Internet Layer
- Transport Layer
- Application Layer
Network Layer: -The first Layer is Network Layer of TCP/IP protocol. This Layer is made by data link layer and physical layer. The function of this layer is data send to Network.
Internet Layer: – This layer is connecting layer from Network. The function of this layer is data transmission of the protocol. Used four types of protocol in this protocol for data transmission. This is-
- Address Resolution protocol (ARP)
- Reserve Address Resolution Protocol (RARP)
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Internet Group Message Protocol (IGMP)
Transport Layer: – Two type’s layers used in this Layer. These are-
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP): – TCP is a very important part of the protocol. The function of TCP has split any data to small parts. This small part is known as Segment.
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP): – Data send any application from itself these applications used UDP. So it is called Connectionless protocol.
The application Layer: – Most important layer is Application layer to Network. Necessary protocol of Application layer is-
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP): – This protocol used to data download and upload. Any data accept from the Internet to personal computer is called download and send any data from personal computer to Internet web page is called upload.
- Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP): – More than one computer transmission hypertext by which protocol is called HTTP. Hypertext normally blue colour and underline.
Telnet:- Log in the computer to remote area by Telnet. This connection used to LAN and WAN network.