“Central processing Unit” is the full form of CPU. The brain & heart of any computer is CPU. It is a processor often called microprocessor. It is the central processer that makes comparisons, perform, calculates, reads, interprets & control the execution of the instruction.
The Different Part of CPU
The main parts of CPU are there-
Memory can be divided into four parts-
- Primary Memory
- Secondary Memory
- Cache Memory
- Flash Memory
The part of Primary memory are:-
RAM is classified into two categories:-
ROM is classified into four categories:
The parts of secondary Memory are:-
- Hard Disk
- Floppy Disk
- Compact Disk
- Digital Versatile Disk
- Blue Ray Disk
- Pen Drive
Definition of ALU
The full form of ALU is Arithmetic Logic Unit. This unit process every accepted data by using two methods, one is – Making Mathematical calculation & another is Making Logical decision.
The Function of ALU
- Basic Arithmetic operation. Such as- add, subtract, product, division etc.
- Logical operation. Such as- and, or, not, nor, nand etc.
- Memory operation. Such as- store, read etc.
- Program sequence control operation. Such as- jump.
- Sending the information to required path.
Definition of CU
As the name implies the “Control Unit” is to control and monitor all the activities of a computer. It is control and communication with ALU, Memory Unit and Input Output Unit.
The Function of CU
- Obtaining information from one or more sources. Like- keyboard, mouse, scanner etc.
- Presenting the data and instruction to appropriate device for processing.
- Presenting the processed data to appropriate device.
Check for Memory..here.