“Data” is a Latin word, which have a plural form as “datum”. But the “Data” is used also as a plural form. Here the data will be described as Computer Data which accepts commands for processing. In this “definition for data” there will be mentioned the functions, classification for data. Examples of “Data” are- person name, address, date of birth etc.
The function of Data:
- Data is necessary for research.
- Data is most important element of processing.
- Data is necessary for build up Database.
Data is classified into three categories:
- Digital Data
- Non Digital Data
- Logical Data
Definition for Digital Data:
Computer accepts data from external sources and process through them in CPU. The processed data are known as Digital Data. All Graphics, audio, video, numeric, and alphabet data are a Digital Data.
Definition for Non Digital Data:
Any number, letter, poet, song, picture written on the paper, these types of data didn’t process in CPU, so it is called Non Digital Data. There are many types of Non Digital data:
- Numeric Data: This types of data are represented by any number or decimal number. Like as- 50, 0.25 etc.
- Alphabetic or Text Data: This types of data are represented by English letter and special character ( like as- >, &, #, @ etc). Like as- Amit Biswas, Mumbai etc.
- Alpha Numeric Data : This types of data are represented by alphabet and Numeric data. Like as- e-mail address- email@example.com, car number- WB 52B 1254 etc.
- Graphics Data: These types of data are related to picture. Like as- Photograph, Drawing etc.
- Audio Data: These types of data are related to sound. Like as- Talk song etc.
- Video Data: These types of data are related to moving picture. Like as- Move.
Definition for Logical Data:
`This type data are represented two types of condition. One is ‘True’ and another is ‘False’, ‘On’ or ‘Off’, ‘High’ or ‘Low’ etc. Like as- this data declared a candidate ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ on the examination.
What is Information Data Meaning?
Computer accepts data and processed in CPU. The processed data are known as Information.